16
December 2021
Past Event
Virtual Event | Compensating Creators in the New Content Ecosystem
Thursday 12:00 - 1:00PM

Virtual Event | Compensating Creators in the New Content Ecosystem

Past Event
Online Only
December 16, 2021
Optimistic influencer talking during broadcast. (Getty Images)
Caption
Optimistic influencer talking during broadcast. (Getty Images)
16
December 2021
Thursday 12:00 - 1:00PM
Past Event

1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Suite 400
Washington, DC 20004

Speakers:
Amadea Choplin

Chief Operating Officer, Pex

Rodrigo Velloso

Global Director of Influencer Marketing, Roblox

Abe Batshon

Founder and Chief Executive Officer, BeatStars

Meng Kuok

Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, BandLab Technologies

Devlin Hartline

Legal Fellow

This event will premiere on this page at 12:00 p.m. EST, Thursday, December 16. Register for the event here

Join Hudson Institute Legal Fellow Devlin Hartline and expert panelists Amadea Choplin, Rodrigo Velloso, Abe Batshon, and Meng Kuok for a discussion on recent initiatives to ensure that creators are paid fairly for the content they produce.

In recent years, the emerging content ecosystem and creator economy have reached new heights, generating billions of dollars in revenue each year as creators, rights owners, brands, and advertisers unlock new opportunities to create, distribute, and monetize copyrighted content. This has proven beneficial for many, particularly the top 1 percent of creators and their partners. However, the remaining 99 percent often miss the opportunity to monetize or control the use of their work.

There are various initiatives to pay content creators, such as creator funds and policies for platforms to reimburse creatives through fees, but these options are reactionary and do little to help creators to maintain control over their content. This panel will explore alternative avenues to allow creators and rights owners to retain control of and be compensated for their work in this changing environment.

Related Events
02
December 2022
Past Event
Senator Ernst on the Importance of US Alliances in Europe
Featured Speakers:
Peter Rough
Senator Joni Ernst
Rough Ernst
02
December 2022
Past Event
Senator Ernst on the Importance of US Alliances in Europe

Senior Fellow Peter Rough and Senator Joni Ernst discuss the state of Europe, transatlantic relations, and how to best meet America’s interests in the decades to come.

Friday 10:00 - 11:00AM
Rough Ernst
Featured Speakers:
Peter Rough
Senator Joni Ernst
05
December 2022
Virtual Event | Online Only
Licensing and the Internet of Things
Featured Speakers:
Bowman Heiden
Monica Magnusson
Richard Varey
Moderator:
Adam Mossoff
surveillance ring doorbell internet of things
05
December 2022
Virtual Event | Online Only
Licensing and the Internet of Things
Monday 10:00 - 11:00AM
surveillance ring doorbell internet of things
Featured Speakers:
Bowman Heiden
Monica Magnusson
Richard Varey
Moderator:
Adam Mossoff
06
December 2022
In-Person Event | Hudson Institute
Reforming the Classification System: Challenges, Approaches, and Priorities
Featured Speakers:
David Burns
John Eisenberg
Elizabeth Goitein
Alex Joel
Moderator:
Carter Burwell
files classification
06
December 2022
In-Person Event | Hudson Institute
Reforming the Classification System: Challenges, Approaches, and Priorities

Our national security relies on the careful and deliberate creation, dissemination, and protection of classified information. But some contend that the current system for classifying and declassifying US government records is outdated and imposes significant economic and public policy costs, directly and indirectly harming national security.

Tuesday 9:00 - 11:00AM
files classification
Featured Speakers:
David Burns
John Eisenberg
Elizabeth Goitein
Alex Joel
Moderator:
Carter Burwell
06
December 2022
In-Person Event | Invite Only
Australia’s Role in the China Struggle: A Conversation with Scott Morrison
Featured Speakers:
Hon. Scott Morrison
Miles Yu
Scott Morrison
06
December 2022
In-Person Event | Invite Only
Australia’s Role in the China Struggle: A Conversation with Scott Morrison

Please join Hudson Institute’s China Center for a conversation with Thirtieth Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison and Hudson Institute China Center Director Miles Yu to discuss Australia’s role in combatting the threat to a free and open Indo-Pacific.

Tuesday 12:30 - 2:00PM
Scott Morrison
Featured Speakers:
Hon. Scott Morrison
Miles Yu